Focus on listening…when building new relationships.
♡ TIP 1 - Listening helps you get to know their “person” (who they really are):
- Listen: To what they do and don’t like (preferences).
- Listen: To their joys and challenges.
- Listen: To what you share in common.
- Listen: To their capacities (strengths and limitations).
- Listen: To their story.
√√ Double-Check: If you are not listening, you are not genuinely loving...
♡ Application Examples: (Share your life-application examples with us by using the Contact Form.)
- Listening at Work: What is your boss really saying? What are your employees talking about?
- Listening to Family: Listening takes time to live “with” your family, not just “around” them.
- Listening at School: Are you catching the details? Can you use your note-taking skills to remember?
- Listening to Friends: Do you listen beyond words to their meanings, feelings, desires, and hopes?
- Listening to Yourself: Are you honest when you listen to yourself? Do you genuinely know yourself?